- Always wear rubber gloves when handling your filter cartridge
- Having 2 filter cartridges allows you sufficient time to clean the cartridge properly
- Allow the filter cartridge to dry after cleaning to improve filter effectiveness
- A quick source of hot water for your cleaning solution is the Swim Spa itself
- Rinsing with a garden hose or under a tap is sufficient; don’t use a high pressure washer
- Rinsing the filter cartridge with water weekly is a good maintenance practice
Recommended monthly for Swim Spas with moderate use.
- Prepare a solution of EZ Filter Nu and hot water (preferable) in a clean plastic pail, laundry tub or specific filter cleaning container
- Lightly used Swim Spa – use 200 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 6 hours
- Moderately used Swim Spa – use 300 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 6 hours
- Heavily used Swim Spa – use 400 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 12 hours
- Remove the filter cartridge(s) from the filter housing and rinse with garden hose to remove physical debris
- Submerse filter cartridge(s) in the solution and allow to soak for 6 – 12 hours
- Once soaking is complete, remove filter cartridge from solution and rinse well with clean water from garden hose or tap – do not use high pressure washer
- Allow the filter cartridge to stand until dry before putting back in use
- Once cleaning is complete, the used cleaning solution can be safely disposed of by pouring down the drain.
How to buy the right Swim Spa
For centuries, people have flocked to the public pool to take advantage of the health benefits of swimming. Today, people around the world continue to agree that there is nothing that can give the same exercise value as swimming. The fact that it is a no impact activity that uses every muscle, swimming is still looked at as being the number one activity for healthy people.
While public pools are easy to find, the inconvenience of having to drive to the health center or swimming pool to swim with other people makes it difficult to follow a routine. The modern homeowner can easily bring this experience to their backyards with a swim spa.
Buying one, however, can be overwhelming, given the number of styles and added features available on the market today.
As with many major purchases, perhaps the best way to approach buying a Swim Spa is to put together a checklist of the specifications and features you want and then rate the swim spas you see accordingly. Being prepared will help you avoid getting caught up in ‘deal of the day’ promotions (one of the worst things you can do as a customer) or feel pressured into making a purchase before you’re ready. If you do your homework, you can ensure you’ll buy the Swim Spa that best suits your needs.
Six Keys to choosing a Swim Spa
The first rule of Swim Spa shopping is not to get fooled by the bells and whistles designed to distract you. As a consumer, there are six basic things you should look for when buying a Swim Spa:
- The Swim Experience
- Fun & Fitness
- Comfort, Design and massage
- Ease of maintenance
To find out more about what to look for when buying a Swim Spa please download a free copy of our buyer’s guide.